The Bloomington Winter Farmers’ Market exists to extend the farmers’ market season and increase the availability of fresh produce and other local products throughout the four seasons of the year. We seek to encourage direct contact between producer and consumer and increase understanding of local food economy issues. We strive to produce and provide the greatest possible varieties of local foods while working together in a cooperative atmosphere to ensure the success of the market.
Linda Chapman founded the Bloomington Winter Farmers’ Market in 2004 with financial support from Slow Foods. From 2007-2013, the Local Growers’ Guild provided administrative support through a collaborative relationship with the market. Since the 2013-2014 season, the market has been a project of the Center for Sustainable Living.
Our Advisory Council
- Rosie Sill, Earth Song Farm, farmer representative: President
- Thomas G. Doak, customer representative: Vice-President
- Chester Lehman, Olde Lane Orchard, farmer representative: Secretary
- Audrey Cyr, customer representative: Treasurer
- Teresa Birtles, Heartland Family Farm, farmer representative: Market Manager
- Jim Baughman, Freedom Valley Farm, farmer representative: Member-at-large
- Jeff McEvilly, McEvilly Gardens, farmer representative: Member-at-large
- Louise Miracle, Pie First Bakery, prepared food representative: Member-at-large
- Raji Muthukrishnan, Aahaa Chai, prepared food representative: Member-at-large
Our Market Master