The Bloomington Winter Farmers’ Market exists to extend the farmers’ market season and increase the availability of fresh produce and other local products throughout the four seasons of the year. We seek to encourage direct contact between producer and consumer and increase understanding of local food economy issues. We strive to produce and provide the greatest possible varieties of local foods while working together in a cooperative atmosphere to ensure the success of the market.
The Bloomington Winter Farmers’ Market got its start when Linda Chapman founded it, with financial support from Slow Foods. The Local Growers’ Guild then provided administrative support from 2007-2013 in a collaborative relationship with the market. Beginning in the 2013-2014 season, the market is a project of the Center for Sustainable Living.
Our Advisory Council
- Rosie Sill, Earth Song Farm, President
- Teresa Birtles, Heartland Family Farm, Vice-President
- Seth Lehman, Customer Representative, Treasurer
- Audrey Cyr, Customer Representative, Secretary
- Jim Baughman, Freedom Valley Farm, Member-at-large
- Chester Lehman, Olde Lane Orchard Member-at-large
- Tom Doak, Customer Representative,Member-at-large
Meet our Market Master, Bobbi Boos
Bobbi’s long commitment to the local food system includes fieldwork and vending for multiple organic farms, cofounding the Local Growers Guild, and recently coordinating the Hoosier Hills Food Bank Garden program. In 2012, Bobbi, along with John Perry started Sundry Farm which strives to create a diverse and integrated environment. Our current focus is on root crops and compost production. She was a vendor of the first Winter Market and is excited to return as the Market Master.